Presentation Title: Using the Language of the Law to ‘Salt & Pepper’ Your Treatment Records
Presenter: David Jensen, J.D., email@example.com
Date and time: March 3, 2017, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Location: Shasta College Downtown Campus
Rooms 8218 & 8220
1400 Market Street
Redding, CA 96001
Course Description: David Jensen, J.D., will review the four fundamentals of the psychotherapy profession, review the fundamental aspects of recordkeeping, and answer the questions many clinicians struggle with regarding the content of their treatment records: Should I write a lot? Should I write a little? What really needs to be in my records?
1. Explain the “building blocks” of the BBS’s law regarding recordkeeping.
2. Identify mistakes made by colleagues in the area of recordkeeping.
3. State the core subject areas of a treatment record.
4. Compare/contrast recordkeeping requirements of the public and private mental health systems.
5. Identify key legal terms that should “salt and pepper” your records, treatment or otherwise.
6. Describe the “D-A-V-E Way” of keeping records.
*NO REFUNDS after March 1st