Legal and Ethical Issues Workshop:
Are You Ethical? You Sure?
Presented by David Jensen, J.D. on Friday, March 11, 2016 from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Lunch and snacks provided.
Location: Shasta College Downtown Campus, 1400 Market Street, Redding, CA 96001.
Course Description: Dave Jensen will review the ten fundamentals of the psychotherapy profession, and he will compare and contrast key sections from the Code of Ethics of the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists and the National Association of Social Workers.
This workshop is designed to help you:
- 1. Identify the ten fundamentals of practicing legally, ethically, safely and confidently.
- 2. Describe ethical conduct within the therapist-patient relationship.
- 3. Compare how confidentiality is addressed differently under law and ethical codes.
- 4. Identify what it means to be ethical in terms of personal conduct.
- 5. Describe particular ethical standards and how they relate to supervisor, student, and supervisee relationship and responsibilities.
- 6. Describe the ethical obligations that you may owe to colleagues.
- 7. Identify ethical obligations you owe to your profession.
- 8. Identify ethical obligations you owe to the legal system.
- 9. Describe the ethical standards and how they relate to your financial arrangements with your patients.
- 10. Compare and contrast the laws pertaining to advertising with the ethical standards pertaining to the same subject.